Mental Capacity Act
This is a half day training course aimed at increasing knowledge of frontline professionals of MCA. By the end of the programme, the aim is that participants will have an awareness of:
- The background to, and aims of, the Mental Capacity Act,
- The 5 key principles underpinning the Mental Capacity Act,
- Assessing Capacity, Making Decisions,
- The role of the Independent Mental Capacity Advocate Service (IMCA),
- Care and Treatment including Restraint and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
This is a half day training course aimed at increasing knowledge of frontline professionals of DoLS. By the end of the programme, the aim is that participants will have an awareness of:
- The background to DoLS and what they do;
- The difference between ‘deprivation’ and ‘restriction’ of liberty;
- The process of referral, assessment and review if a DoLS is needed;
- The latest legislation regarding DoLS.
Terms, conditions and payment details
These training courses are charged for all organisations at £35 per person, everyone who applies will be invoiced no later than 4-6 weeks prior to the course. Please note that no organisation will receive this training for free.
If you wish to cancel your place, the Essex Safeguarding Adult Board require no less than 7 days notice prior to the course date. If you cancel less than a week before the course you will still be charged for the training due to the difficulty in filling your place in under a week.