Aimed at professionals who would like more information about the law around safeguarding adults
Duration: Full day - 7 Hours
Level*: This course is aimed at anyone working with adults in any setting with an interest in laws around safeguarding and some of the legislation that can be used in safeguarding cases.
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Understand criminal and civil law around safeguarding adults
- Be familiar with the key legislative tools in safeguarding interventions
- Be familiar with issues of confidentiality and information sharing in relation to safeguarding
- Understand implications of lack of mental capacity – and questions of duress, undue influence, coercion
- Be able to share experiences of using legal remedies in safeguarding cases
- Understand the importance of recording of information, evidence and reasoning justifying interventions
Cost - £85
Payment must be received no less than 7 days prior to the course date. The price includes all course materials, refreshments and lunch.
* Level as indicated in the Safeguarding Adult Framework, which can be found on the SET Safeguarding Adults Training Strategy