This course is aimed at anyone working with adults in any setting with an interest in laws around safeguarding and some of the legislation that can be used in safeguarding cases.
This course is designed to raise awareness of the laws around safeguarding and some of the legislation that can be used in safeguarding cases.
Courses are tailored to meet the needs of the audience through early discussion of roles and responsibilities. By the end of the session, delegates will:
- Understand criminal and civil law around safeguarding adults
- Be familiar with the key legislative tools in safeguarding interventions
- Be familiar with issues of confidentiality and information sharing in relation to safeguarding
- Understand implications of lack of mental capacity – and questions of duress, undue influence, coercion
- Be able to share experiences of using legal remedies in safeguarding cases
- Understand importance of recording of information, evidence and reasoning to justify intervention
Cost: £80 per person
Duration: 1 day
Terms, conditions and payment details
This training is charged for all organisations at £80 per person, everyone who applies will be invoiced no later than 4-6 weeks prior to the course. Please note that no organisation will receive this training for free.
If you wish to cancel your place, the Essex Safeguarding Adult Board require no less than 7 days notice prior to the course date. If you cancel less than a week before the course you will still be charged for the training due to the difficulty in filling your place in under a week.