The course is designed for those who will be delivering training to staff involved in supporting adults. At the end of the course participants will:
Entry requirements - The course is aimed at those who already have training experience, such as PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, Cert Ed, Level 3 Award in Education and Training etc.
- Understand that participants have different ways of learning
- Be able to adapt the training material to meet different participants needs
- Deliver training to cover the following areas:
- Be aware of legislation relevant to safeguarding,
- Explore what is abuse including signs and symptoms,
- Be familiar with the procedures for reporting abuse,
- Discuss good practice procedures if someone discloses abuse,
- Explore factors that may lead to abusive situations and or poor practice,
- Know how deal with disclosures, preserve evidence and how to record incidents according to policy requirements.
It is also expected that the participant have completed training in:
- Safeguarding adults basic awareness
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Cost: £150 per person
Duration: 1 day. Refreshments and lunch will be provided
Terms, conditions and payment details
Please note this course is knowledge based and does not cover training skills and we do not certify competence.
This training is charged for all organisations at £150 per person, everyone who applies will be invoiced no later than 4-6 weeks prior to the course. Please note that no organisation will receive this training for free.
If you wish to cancel your place, the Essex Safeguarding Adult Board require no less than 7 days notice prior to the course date. If you cancel less than a week before the course you will still be charged for the training due to the difficulty in filling your place in under a week.