Informal Carers & Safeguarding Training
This course will look at the role of informal carers, how they can be supported in order to reduce safeguarding concerns as well as dealing with issues that have arisen.
By the end of the training participants will:
· Care Act duties of assessment and support toward informal carers
· How Care Act safeguarding duties apply to informal carers
· How abuse and neglect can flow from insufficient support to carers
· Care and support statutory guidance: guidance on safeguarding and informal carers
· Stresses and strains on informal carers and where these can lead
· Reminder that Care Act safeguarding duties refer to protection from abuse or neglect (not protection from harm) – and why this is an important distinction, in relation to informal carers
· Informal carers caring for a person who lacks capacity, including basic care and manual handling issues
· Criminal offences that can arise in circumstances of informal care: including wilful neglect, ill treatment, manslaughter, murder, theft, fraud.
This is a specialist course.