Due to the present times surrounding Coronavirus, ESAB are running all courses virtually.
The course is designed for those who will be delivering training to staff involved in supporting adults.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Understand that participants have different ways of learning
- Be able to adapt the training material to meet different participants needs
- Deliver training to cover the following areas:
- Be aware of legislation relevant to safeguarding,
- Explore what is abuse including signs and symptoms,
- Be familiar with the procedures for reporting abuse,
- Discuss good practice procedures if someone discloses abuse,
- Explore factors that may lead to abusive situations and or poor practice,
- Know how deal with disclosures, preserve evidence and how to record incidents according to policy requirements.
Entry requirements - The course is aimed at those who already have training experience, such as PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, Cert Ed, Level 3 Award in Education and Training etc.
It is also expected that the participant have completed training in:
- Safeguarding adults basic awareness
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Duration: 1 day
Please note this course is knowledge based and does not cover training skills and we do not certify competence.