All ESAB courses are virtual, with new dates to be confirmed shortly.
Any training enquiries please contact ESAB.firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is designed for those who will be delivering training to staff involved in supporting adults.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Understand that participants have different ways of learning
- Be able to adapt the training material to meet different participants needs
- Deliver training to cover the following areas:
- Be aware of legislation relevant to safeguarding,
- Explore what is abuse including signs and symptoms,
- Be familiar with the procedures for reporting abuse,
- Discuss good practice procedures if someone discloses abuse,
- Explore factors that may lead to abusive situations and or poor practice,
- Know how deal with disclosures, preserve evidence and how to record incidents according to policy requirements.
Entry requirements - The course is aimed at those who already have training experience, such as PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, Cert Ed, Level 3 Award in Education and Training etc.
It is also expected that the participant have completed training in:
- Safeguarding adults basic awareness
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Duration: 1 day
Please note this course is knowledge based and does not cover training skills and we do not certify competence.