LGBT People Living with Dementia Workshop
Target Audience: Front line workers - how much do you really know about the psychological and physical needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) people, particularly those living with dementia?
Learning Outcomes - by the end of the workshop, participants will understand:
- Cultural competence
- Words and language
- LGBT community statistics, and its aging population
- Health needs and hidden risks
- Legal issues and obligations
- The lived experience of LGBT people living with dementia
- Police incidents around victims of crime and dementia
- Health passports & end of life planning
- Loss of LGBT identity in death and bereavement
This FREE online workshop will include a pre-workshop questionnaire, interactive case studies, self-assessment checklist, numerous post workshop resources and a certificate of attendance.