Physical Abuse

Physical abuse is deliberately hurting or injuring someone.  If you are worried about yourself or someone else you must report it, there are organisations ready to help.

If you're a victim of physical abuse, or know someone who is, and there's an emergency that's ongoing or life is in danger, call 999 now.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use the Essex Police textphone service 18000 or text 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

How to report concerns:

  • online
  • by calling 101 (If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our textphone service on 18001 101)
  • in the safety of your local police station (if you require a translator, Police can provide someone initially by phone and later in person) 

Adult Social Care

If you are being abused in relation to your care and support needs, contact Adult Social Care.


Telephone: 0345 603 7630 |  online reporting: safeguarding portal 
Textphone: 0345 758 5592


Telephone: 01702 215008 | email:


Telephone: 01375 511000 | email:

Organisations providing victim support and advice.

Victim Support
Here to help anyone affected by crime, whether or not it's been reported to the Police.  
24hr Supportline:  0808 1689 111 
24hr Live Chat: start a live chat

If you need someone to speak to, Samaritans are available 24/7 to listen. 
24hr line: 116 123