Course Terms & Conditions
ESAB Training Charging Policy
This policy applies to all courses from November 2023
A charging policy is in place for all Essex Safeguarding Adults Board (ESAB) learning and development opportunities. The cost to participants for each course is clearly stated in the learning and development brochure and on the website; the purpose of charging for learning and development opportunities is to cover costs.
Please note: ESAB currently does not deliver any in-person training courses.
- Applications for all ESAB courses need to be made via an online booking system (found on the ESAB website).
- Line managers or supervisors of all delegates must agree to them attending the course (managers email address will be requested on the application form).
- All delegates will be asked to provide contact details of their Finance teams and for a Purchase Order number when completing the application form.
- An acknowledgement of the application will be sent within two weeks of the delegate applying.
- ESAB has a charging policy for online training courses. Generally, there is a flat rate of £15 for half day courses and £40 for full day courses, however, there are a few exceptions, and these are clearly marked on the website and application forms.
- Specialist training packages will be charged at a set rate to meet the costs of the training course (clearly marked on the website and application forms).
- There is no charge for the ESAB eLearning courses.
Cancellation or non-attendance charges
- Delegates may cancel or rebook onto an alternative course, if at least 5 working days’ notice is provided in writing (via email) to ESAB.
- If a delegate is unable to attend, another member of staff from the same team/service can be substituted without any additional cost (confirmation required in writing, via email to ESAB).
- Charges for late notice cancellation (less than 5 working days) or non-attendance on the day for ANY course (i.e., chargeable, and free of charge courses) are set at the full cost of the training course; £40 per full day course and £15 per half day course per delegate, or for specialist courses, the cost is clearly shown on the website and application forms.
- Managers will be made aware of a cancellation, non-attendance, or substitution of named staff member for all bookings.
- ESAB will reserve the right to charge in circumstances where it is felt appropriate for the services of ESAB staff. All fees are at the discretion of ESAB.
Cancellation of Courses by ESAB
Training may be cancelled by the ESAB in exceptional circumstances:
- If there is judged to be insufficient numbers for the course to be viable
- In adverse weather conditions
- If venue, utilities, or equipment failure make it unacceptable to commence or continue a course, or
- If the trainer is unable to get to the venue i.e., sickness.
In the above cases, ESAB will take all reasonable steps to reschedule the missed sessions. If ESAB must cancel a training session, then the procedure below will be followed:
- All delegates will be informed of a cancellation by email/phone as soon as possible.
- If it is not possible to give prior notice, then a notice will be posted on the ESAB website and at the venue (for an in-person course) with the contact details of ESAB.
All delegates will be asked to confirm they have read this policy (with link to document) when they book onto a course.
This will be reviewed in April 2024.