Designated Adult Safeguarding Lead Training
16 January 2024, 19 March 2024
This course is aimed at all professionals who take the lead for safeguarding adults in their organisation.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Be aware of the safeguarding duties and responsibilities in the Care Act
- Understand how to respond to safeguarding concerns, including
- What is and isn’t a safeguarding concern
- Managing allegations against staff
- Supporting staff when dealing with safeguarding issues and
- what is the difference between a complaint and a safeguarding concern
- Explore the difficult balance between safety and choice and control for individuals
- Know about Making Safeguarding Personal and be able to apply this to real life practice
- Know about the law around information sharing.
Cancellation or non-attendance charges
- Delegates may cancel or rebook onto an alternative course, if at least 5 working days’ notice is provided in writing (via email) to ESAB.
- If a delegate is unable to attend, another member of staff from the same team/service can be substituted without any additional cost (confirmation required in writing, via email to ESAB).
- Charges for late notice cancellation (less than 5 working days) or non-attendance on the day for ANY course (i.e., chargeable, and free of charge courses) are set at the full cost of the training course; £40 per full day course and £15 per half day course per delegate, or for specialist courses, the cost is clearly shown on the website and application forms.
- Managers will be made aware of a cancellation, non-attendance, or substitution of named staff member for all bookings.
- ESAB will reserve the right to charge in circumstances where it is felt appropriate for the services of ESAB staff. All fees are at the discretion of ESAB.