Safeguarding Adults Basic Awareness Training
23 January 2024
The course gives you understanding of relevant policies, signs and symptoms, and how to report any concerns.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Be aware of legislation relevant to safeguarding,
- Explore what is abuse including signs and symptoms,
- Be familiar with the procedures for reporting abuse,
- Discuss good practice procedures if someone discloses abuse,
- Explore factors that may lead to abusive situations and or poor practice,
- Know how deal with disclosures, preserve evidence and how to record incidents according to policy requirements.
Cancellation or non-attendance charges
- Delegates may cancel or rebook onto an alternative course, if at least 5 working days’ notice is provided in writing (via email) to ESAB.
- If a delegate is unable to attend, another member of staff from the same team/service can be substituted without any additional cost (confirmation required in writing, via email to ESAB).
- Charges for late notice cancellation (less than 5 working days) or non-attendance on the day for ANY course (i.e., chargeable, and free of charge courses) are set at the full cost of the training course; £40 per full day course and £15 per half day course per delegate, or for specialist courses, the cost is clearly shown on the website and application forms.
- Managers will be made aware of a cancellation, non-attendance, or substitution of named staff member for all bookings.
- ESAB will reserve the right to charge in circumstances where it is felt appropriate for the services of ESAB staff. All fees are at the discretion of ESAB.