Train the Trainer
This course is commissioned on a need basis, if you are interested in attend this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is designed for those who will be delivering training to staff involved in supporting adults.
By the end of the training participants will:
- Understand that participants have different ways of learning
- Be able to adapt the training material to meet different participants needs
- Deliver training to cover the following areas:
- Be aware of legislation relevant to safeguarding,
- Explore what is abuse including signs and symptoms,
- Be familiar with the procedures for reporting abuse,
- Discuss good practice procedures if someone discloses abuse,
- Explore factors that may lead to abusive situations and or poor practice,
- Know how deal with disclosures, preserve evidence and how to record incidents according to policy requirements.
Entry requirements - The course is aimed at those who already have training experience, such as PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, Cert Ed, Level 3 Award in Education and Training etc.
It is also expected that the participant have completed training in:
- Safeguarding adults basic awareness
- Mental Capacity Act
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
Cancellation or non-attendance charges
- Delegates may cancel or rebook onto an alternative course, if at least 5 working days’ notice is provided in writing (via email) to ESAB.
- If a delegate is unable to attend, another member of staff from the same team/service can be substituted without any additional cost (confirmation required in writing, via email to ESAB).
- Charges for late notice cancellation (less than 5 working days) or non-attendance on the day for ANY course (i.e., chargeable, and free of charge courses) are set at the full cost of the training course; £40 per full day course and £15 per half day course per delegate, or for specialist courses, the cost is clearly shown on the website and application forms.
- Managers will be made aware of a cancellation, non-attendance, or substitution of named staff member for all bookings.
- ESAB will reserve the right to charge in circumstances where it is felt appropriate for the services of ESAB staff. All fees are at the discretion of ESAB.